Happy Day, Sad Day, looking to the future Day.
Our Peg Leg Garage Super Support 1970 Suburban is for sale as it is time to move on to a new project. This is a Happy Day with excitement about the new build, and a Sad Day when we think of this tried, true and trusty steed moving on.
If you know the Burb and want to setup a drive or talk then call Lance 602-451-6079 or email [email protected]
However if you don’t know this wonderful old iron then follow along and learn why she is worth every penny of our asking price, over the next week I will be adding pictures and commentary to explain upgrades and mods. Oh and speaking of mods, if you want to see the long list of everything then jump to the bottom of this post.
The Burb was a desert prospector when I got it on Black Friday so there was a bit of work tearing out the old man mods
And after a ton of work the camping setup works much better for backcountry exploring.
The goal was to make the rig a better long distance traveler and field serviceable. Thus the 35gal tank and extended lines to make dropping the tank easier. There is also a skid plate to protect previous fuel from rocks.
THE LONG LIST OF NOT EVEN EVERYTHING DONE IN 7 YEARS
- 1970 Chevrolet Suburban 3/4 ton, 4×4 K20 built in Freemont, Ca factory
- 350ci 300HP crate Throttle Body Injection with Dynamic EFI custom ECU, can be monitored/tuned live by Netbook (computer included in sale) with Adj fuel pressure regulator, high flow water pump
- 700R4 Automatic Trans with heavy duty upgrades
- Dana 44 front/14 bolt rear axle 4.56 ratio with ARB Air Lockers in both
- Fox reservoir shocks front/rear with Hydraulic bumpstops in front
- Custom 3in lift leaf springs by Valley Spring Phoenix
- Extreme Outback on board air compressor & 2gal tank with outlets front/rear
- RPM Fab Dual swingout rear bumper for spare tire, propane & 2 Jerry Cans
- 35gal Fuel tank with in tank Delco high flow pump
- Dual battery setup with CTEK charge/solar control, manual battery linking switch, monitor gauge in dash, 125watt solar panel on roof, 200amp custom alternator
- Custom aluminum radiator with dual high CFM fans on Dakota Digital controller
- Baja Designs 6in LED in front bumper, small spotlights around roof rack
- Dual Vintage A Pillar spot lights with LED upgrade
- ARB 63L fridge as rear seats center console